Skip to Main Content

UCLA Dining Named Best in Nation

UCLA has earned the No. 1 spot in the “2021 Best College Food in America” rankings. UCLA captured this top honor from a pool of nearly 1,400 colleges and universities. This is the fourth time that UCLA been ranked No. 1 since this ranking debuted in 2015. UCLA was also No. 1 in 2020. The best food ranking is based almost entirely on user responses, with 85% of the weight coming from survey questions related to campus dining. The other 15% is related to meal plan cost.

Celebrating UCLA Dining’s newest national ranking with a tasty treat.
UCLA Dining celebrates with a tasty treat. Photo by Felicia Caldwell.

In addition, UCLA Dining was recently honored by the Washington, D.C.-based United Fresh Produce Association with the 2020 Excellence in Foodservice Award, clinching the colleges and universities category. The award puts a spotlight on chefs and their organizations for creativity in highlighting fresh produce in their menus, introducing diners to new flavors and presenting creative ways to enjoy fresh produce. This year’s winners were also praised for their dedication to feeding their patrons during the coronavirus pandemic.

Although we’ll be welcoming a smaller community of Bruins back to campus, we want to ensure a quality dining experience for our on-campus residents by offering them delicious take-out options at DeNeve residential restaurant, Bruin Café and the new boutique, Bruin Bowl, which features fresh, custom-made bowls. We invite staff to continue to visit us at Plateia, which is serving breakfast, lunch and dinner in its olive-tree courtyard and filling take-out order.

Dining Services continues to provide for essential staff and students on campus.
UCLA Dining Services adheres to public health mitigation measures as it continues to serve essential employees and students on campus.
For those seeking catered options, UCLA Conferences & Catering is accepting orders from all campus departments. This includes food selections that were previously served by OfficeEats at UCLA, which has been temporarily suspended. Visit the Conferences & Catering website to learn more or call the team at 310-825-7021.